- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- SEND Information Report
- Careers Info, Advice and Guidance
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Important Dates
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Echo Schools Award 2015 - Active Community Award Winners!
For the second year running we were the proud recipient of the Active Community Award!
The award was specifically for our BIG Little Library project “picked for its fantastic impact on literacy and for showing how older students can help younger students” said the judges.
It was a wonderful afternoon, celebrating the amazing work that goes on in the schools of Liverpool.
ECHO print editor Andrew Campbell, who spoke at the awards ceremony, said: “We were delighted with the quality and calibre of this year’s nominations.
“Picking worthy winners was a difficult task and we’d like to say a big thank you to everyone who entered.
“Congratulations to the winners and well done for your hard work and commitment to education in Merseyside.”
The three finalists in each category and the winners were chosen by a judging panel made up of ECHO staff and representatives from New Directions, the recruitment and training specialists that sponsor the awards.