- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- SEND Information Report
- Careers Info, Advice and Guidance
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Global Learning Programme
The Geography Department takes the lead at Gateacre School with the Global Learning Programme.
Gateacre School has recently joined the Global Learning Programme, with the Geography Department being the lead subject in the programme.
The GLP is a national network of like-minded schools committed to equipping their students to make a positive contribution to a globalised world.
Why is global learning important for pupils?
The GLP puts a primary focus on developing pupils' knowledge and understanding of development and global issues through subject-based learning in key curriculum areas.
It also recognises the important role global learning initiatives can have in encouraging pupils' values and skills development, and creating opportunities for active engagement.
A focus on knowledge, skills and values might include helping pupils to:
- learn about why and how there are inequalities in the world
- take part in discussions on development themes and topics
- question viewpoints and perspectives and challenge stereotypes
- learn about the social, economic, environmental, cultural and political impacts of globalisation
- explore their own values and how they impact on others
- listen to, understand and respect different voices and perspectives
- be self-reflective and develop critical thinking and analytical skills
- understand different ways of achieving global poverty reduction
- respect and value diversity.
Over the coming months the Geography Department will be developing global learning further, working with other subjects across the school, offering students the opportunity to develop their knowledge and understanding of development and global issues.