- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- SEND Information Report
- Careers Info, Advice and Guidance
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Important Dates
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
The BIG Little Library - CSI Alice Primary
During the 3 months of our Big Little Library in Belle Vale shopping centre Year 1 - Year 6 students from Woolton Primary, Norman Pannell Primary and Belle Vale Primary School helped to solve the crime of the missing Mad Hatter’s hat.
The hat had been on display in the BIG Little Library as part of the 150 years celebration of Alice in Wonderland and was stolen overnight. All that was left at the scene was a footprint, fingerprints on the teapot a half-eaten bar of chocolate and a ransom note. Students became CSI’s for the day and were assisted by Gateacre students and staff.
Students identified 4 suspects within the shopping centre and began their questioning as well as taking shoe prints, bite marks, handwriting samples and finger prints.
Upon returning to the BIG Little Library the analysis began using the techniques that they had learnt from their Science lessons.
After the reports had been submitted, presentations were given to the class as to why each group believed it was a particular suspect. The arrest was then made (after a small chase through the shopping centre!).
A huge thank you must be given to the staff of Belle Vale shopping centre, without their involvement and enthusiasm the events would not have taken place. We think they had more fun than the students!