- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- SEND Information Report
- Careers Info, Advice and Guidance
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Important Dates
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
The BIG Little Library - CSI Alice
During National Science Week some of our Year 7 and 8 students visited our Big Little Library in Belle Vale shopping centre to take part in a crime scene investigation. The students had been called in to help discover who had stolen the Mad Hatters Hat.
The hat had been on display in the BIG Little Library as part of the 150 years celebration of Alice in Wonderland and was stolen overnight. All that was left at the scene was a footprint, fingerprints of the teapot a half-eaten bar of chocolate and a ransom note.
Students identified 4 suspects within the shopping centre and began their questioning as well as taking shoe prints, bite marks, handwriting samples and finger prints.
Upon returning to the BIG Little Library the analysis began using the techniques that they had learnt from their Science lessons.
Lynn Hughes (Science Technician), who ran the event, commented on the Students excellent attitude and conduct during the event.