- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- SEND Information Report
- Careers Info, Advice and Guidance
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
Year 11 – final 19 weeks!
Year 11, you are now 12 weeks into your final year and there are only 19 school weeks left, just 95 days in school, until your first GCSE exam.
Today the Yr 11 pupils picked up their mock exam results, an indication of where pupils are academically, with another 95 days yet to go. These final few weeks are critically important in ensuring you are ready and prepared for the real exams in the summer.
Whenever results are released, mocks or real exam results, there are always a wide array of emotions. Some people will be happy that they have performed well, others will be feeling disappointed that their grades have not reflected where they thought they should be.
The benefit of mock exams is it gives you a real indication of where a pupil is and what is needed to get them to the next stage. This information gives us an insight into helping pupils identify any gaps so that we can work together to maximise the time between now and when your child will sit their real GCSE exams in the summer.
It is fair to say that the Arriva bus strikes have hit all schools in Liverpool very hard and we are no different. However, we also have pupils and parents who have tried exceptionally hard to ensure good attendance during the days affected.
To give you an understanding of what effect missed time from school can have we have created the table below to give you an insight:
So as you can see, even if you have 95% attendance that means you have still lost 9 days or 50 hours over a year. The further down you go the greater the impact time off can have on your child, which is why we are always trying to work with parents, carers and pupils on trying to ensure that we work towards being at least 97%.
Support for pupils to attend school during the bus strikes
If you live in the Speke area we have sourced some extra transport for December only, to help ensure pupils get to school and home again.
Details can be found on our website, twitter and Facebook pages as you need to sign up in advance.
Forthcoming Dates for Your Diary:
1st December - Y11 Mock Exam Results 3:15pm
7th December - Drama Showcase Event 6pm
14th December - 6th Form Parent Evening 3:45 - 6pm
19th December - Carol Concert 7pm
21st December - End of Autumn Term
8th January 2018 - Start of Spring Term
12th - 16th February 2018 - Half Term
1st March 2018 - SIXTH FORM OPEN EVENING
Term Dates and Key Dates can be found on your MyEd parent app or on the school website here: https://www.gateacre.org/about-us/term-dates/