- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- SEND Information Report
- Careers Info, Advice and Guidance
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- A magical World Book Day!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 27/04/18
- World Challenge Training
- Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 11/05/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 18/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
- Echo Schools Awards shortlist announced!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/06/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/06/18
- Could you be a Young leader?
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/07/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/07/2018
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
A huge congratulations goes to the Year 7 and Year 8 athletics teams who competed against other school teams from across the Liverpool schools.
I am very pleased to announce that the Year 8 team came away with a silver medal, coming second overall against some very challenging opposition. Mr Langford noted that the Year 8 team performed very well against much older boys, but their discipline, technique and strength of character carried them through to win second place overall.
The Year 7 team won gold! Mr Langford stated that the team as a whole performed magnificently in each discipline and blew the rest of the competition out of the water.
One of our Year 8 girls performed outstandingly in the recent athletics competition, jumping 6.3 metres and was asked to attend the national championships and Liverpool Harriers. This is a great achievement as she is one of only two students out of two hundred to have been selected.
We are of course humbly proud of the schools achievement and is an indication of the effort, hard work and determination of all those involved.
You may have seen in the news that we are in the midst of a flu outbreak. Winter in general is a challenging time; less day light, colder temperatures, rubbish weather.
The school attendance for this week has struggled to get above 90% for any day, considering before Christmas we had a whole school average of 92.4%. We have an aspirational target of 97% for the school.
- Better school attendance leads to better grades.
- Better grades at GCSE and A Level leads to better career prospects.
- Better career prospects leads to higher wages leads to ability to earn more money means a better standard of living.
I want us all at Gateacre to continue to improve as we have done in my first year here as your child’s Headteacher.
I need your child to be in school every day. By setting high standards and having high expectations together, we can help the next generation go on to achieve great things. It all starts by setting good learning habits in a child’s early years.
Examinations – Year 11 and Year 13
There are roughly 15 school weeks until formal examinations begin. Year 11’s have completed Mocks Round 1 before Christmas and Year 13 have been doing them this week.
For our Year 11 pupils we are aiming to have a smaller, second round of Mocks for a select few subjects which will happen in the time between our return from the February half term leading up to the Easter break.
End of an era
You may have seen on our Facebook feed about the sad passing of our ex Deputy Head Teacher Mr Bill Edwards.
Mr Edwards was a former Deputy Head and Head of Boys PE when we first opened 60 years ago. A huge supporter of the school who always popped in to say hello, most recently just before Christmas. Our thoughts are with his family at this sad time.
Rest in peace – Bill Edwards.
Dates for Your Diary:
8th February 2018 - Y11 Parents Evening 3:45pm - 6pm
12th - 16th February 2018 - Half Term
22nd February 2018 - Y8 Parents Evening 3:45 - 6pm
22nd February 2018 - Y9 Options Information for Parents 6:30pm
1st March 2018 - SIXTH FORM OPEN EVENING 5pm
8th March 2018 - Y9 Parents Evening 3:45 - 6pm
22nd March 2018 - Y7 Parents Evening 3:45 - 6pm
26th March - 8th April 2018 - EASTER/SPRING BREAK
Term Dates and Key Dates can be found on your MyEd parent app or on the school website here: https://www.gateacre.org/about-us/term-dates/