- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- SEND Information Report
- Careers Info, Advice and Guidance
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- A magical World Book Day!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 27/04/18
- World Challenge Training
- Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 11/05/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 18/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
- Echo Schools Awards shortlist announced!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/06/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
Exam season is well underway
Parents of Year 11 and 13 pupils should be aware that the exams have well and truly begun. The vast majority of GCSE exams have moved over to the new 9-1 system, details of which can be found by clicking here for a parent guide if needed.
After the half term break Year 11 pupils will have the following exams in the first week back:
The new style exams for GCSE, A Levels and Vocational qualifications are now much harder and more rigorous than the exams in the past and because of this there are increased expectations on pupils to do more at home and in their spare time.
In order to support them with this some staff have arranged to be in over the May half term holiday to provide additional lessons for their Y11 students with further support, advice, guidance and revision opportunities - students and parents will know if their child has been invited to attend those sessions. We strongly recommend they engage so that they are able to achieve their personal best.
Please also keep an eye on our Facebook and Twitter feeds as we have regular reminders about exams being sat each day of the week.
Combined Cadet Force
We are very pleased to announce that we are in the early stages of setting up a Gateacre School Combined Cadet Force in conjunction with The Department for Education and The Ministry of Defence.
Our unit will be an Army section and the aim is to link up with a local TA unit - as it happens just up the road from our school is a Field Medical TA Unit.
As a school we are constantly seeking how we can broaden our pupils' experiences as we now add CCF to our Duke of Edinburgh Award, National Citizenship Service as well as all the internal voluntary groups and activities that take place week in week out.
If you are not aware, in our reception is a large clothes bank for you to donate to Zoe’s Place charity. If you have any spare items, or things that your children have grown out of and wish to donate they will be greatly received. If you would like some more information about the work that Zoe’s Place does please click here.
Online Safety Advice For Parents
Here's everything parents need to help keep their children safe whilst using Instagram below. There are regular updates and helpful tips for parents provided by National Online Safety on their twitter feeds: #StaySafeOnline #OnlineSafety or on their website: https://nationalonlinesafety.com/resources/platform-guides/
Dates for Your Diary:
28th May Half Term
6th June Y9 Vaccinations
25th June Y11 Prom
3rd July Y6 Primary School Parents Information Evening - doors open 5pm (Headteacher welcome at 6pm)
13th July Y10 & Y12 Mock Exam Results
13th July Y13 Prom
20th July End of Term
(23rd & 24th July INSET Days)
4th September Start Of Term - Back To School staggered start times for year groups
Term Dates and Key Dates can be found on your MyEd parent app or on the school website here: https://www.gateacre.org/about-us/term-dates/