- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- SEND Information Report
- Careers Info, Advice and Guidance
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- A magical World Book Day!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 27/04/18
- World Challenge Training
- Headteacher's Newsflash 04/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 11/05/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 18/05/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 25/05/18
- Echo Schools Awards shortlist announced!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/06/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/06/18
- Could you be a Young leader?
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/06/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/07/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/07/2018
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
Gateacre School Tops Performance Tables
As you may have seen, DfE performance tables have been released for A Level, Vocational and GCSE results.
We were very pleased to see that Gateacre School was the top school in Liverpool for 16-18 Progress in both A Level and Vocational tables.
This is a result of the hard work and effort by our pupils last year in their Y 13 studies and the excellent teaching from staff.
A reminder that our 6th Form Open Evening is on Thursday 1st March.
Mrs Owens took our Girls’ football teams to play against Holly Lodge. Our year 7s were involved in football fixture on Monday in which I am pleased to share that we beat Hollylodge 8-4.
“It was a great game and the girls continue to develop and grow as a team. Once again, Tilly and Ruby were on the scoresheet, Tilly scoring 5 and Ruby 3, taking all of their goals very well. Neive played very well in defence and made some excellent saves and Lyla continues to improve with every game. She is becoming braver and stronger in challenges, becoming an important member of the team. Annie Cashman has plenty of opportunities to score hitting the post twice, having continues to grow in confidence and will score very soon I am sure!” – Mrs Owens
You may have seen in the news that we are in the midst of a flu outbreak. Winter in general is a challenging time; less daylight, colder temperatures, rubbish weather.
The school attendance for this week has again struggled to get above 90% for any day, considering before Christmas we had a whole school average of 92.4%.
We still have an aspirational target of 97% for the school which we will maintain as a target we want everyone to achieve.
It is so important that your child is in school every day.
By setting high standards and having high expectations, together, we can help the next generation go on to achieve great things.
Year 13 – Mock results
On Monday 29th January we release to current year 13 pupils their mock exams which were sat in the second week of term after the Christmas holiday.
The results will give an indication of where pupils currently are and highlight what they need to do next, ready for the real exams this summer.
We are also continuing with our use of the MyED app to send reports and exam results to parents/carers electronically.
Uniform – New Supplier: Fitwells, Belle Vale
We are pleased to inform parents that from mid February you will be able to buy the full Gateacre School uniform and PE kit from Fitwells, Belle Vale Shopping Centre.
We received a special mention in the Liverpool Echo recognizing our students fantastic charity fundraising success from their recent Readathon sponsored read.
The city-wide total raised was £16,544 between all of the primary and secondary schools of which Gateacre School students alone raised a massive £1,205 of which we are very proud. Read More here: http://gateacre.org/about-us/news/new-news-article-4/
PTFA Meeting Feb 8th 6pm
Please see the main online school calendar, Facebook or Twitter @GateacrePTFA for future dates.
Dates for Your Diary:
29th January 2018 - Y13 Mock Exam Results
8th February 2018 - Y11 Parents Evening 3:45pm - 6pm
12th - 16th February 2018 - Half Term
22nd February 2018 - Y8 Parents Evening 3:45 - 6pm
22nd February 2018 - Y9 Options Information for Parents 6:30pm
1st March 2018 - SIXTH FORM OPEN EVENING
8th March 2018 - Y9 Parents Evening 3:45 - 6pm
22nd March 2018 - Y7 Parents Evening 3:45 - 6pm
26th March - 8th April 2018 - EASTER/SPRING BREAK
Term Dates and Key Dates can be found on your MyEd parent app or on the school website here: https://www.gateacre.org/about-us/term-dates/