- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- SEND Information Report
- Careers Info, Advice and Guidance
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
Open Evening Success
Last night's Open Evening event was a great success with an impressive turn out. We were delighted with the overwhelming feedback and very positive comments received from hundreds of prospective parents who came to see our impressive facilities and enjoyed meeting our staff and students. Just some of the responses to our survey questionnaire:
"Facilities are great. Spoke to some passionate teachers and pupils. Head has a refreshing approach to modern teaching. Also based on children who already attend the school and are progressing well."
"Because I think this is where he can get the best education."
"Really good reputation. Good exam results."
It was great to see so many happy, smiling children all excited at the prospect of joining our school.
Readathon 9-14 October 2017
We are proud to be uniting with schools across the city to take part in the Liverpool Readathon and we're hoping your child will join in.
What we'd like you to do
Your child will be given a Readathon sponsorship form card on which to list whatever they will enjoy reading. Anything goes! Take a look at what they plan to read or help them complete it.
To find out how you can support your child's sponsored read as much as you can, click on the link below
The BIG Little Library is also starting a shared reading group called “BIG Little Book Break” every Thursday 2.30-4pm
The Reader Leader will bring a story and poem to share with everyone aloud, either by them or willing members of the group – we never ask anyone to read unless they’d like to. Throughout the session, the group will pause to reflect on the story or poem, working out what’s going on together, sharing their thoughts about it, perhaps making personal connections to the literature.
It’s a great opportunity to read for pleasure, relax and unwind even if it is just for that one short period during a busy week.
Gateacre Gains Silver Award - NCS Champion School
We are proud to announce National Citizenship Service (NCS) recognise Gateacre School as one of the top performing Liverpool schools for summer 2017.
This week we were presented with another award by the National Citizen Service and we have now gained Silver Status as an NCS Champion School.
NCS is a once-in-a lifetime opportunity that helps young people build skills for work and life while taking on new challenges, meeting new friends and contributing to their community.
For further information on the National Citizenship Service please visit http://www.ncsthechallenge.org/
HEADTEACHER'S IMPACT REPORT
Gateacre School Impact Report September 2016-September 2017 is available to read here. Please click below to open.
Forthcoming Dates For Your Diary:
|October||Y13 Parents Uni Finance Info Eve||6pm|
|October||INSET Day||school closed to students|
Term Dates and Key Dates can be found on your MyEd parent app or on the school website here: https://www.gateacre.org/about-us/term-dates/