- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- SEND Information Report
- Careers Info, Advice and Guidance
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Important Dates
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Heroes helping the Homeless
Humanutopia is a company who run inspirational and life changing courses with schools.
After having the fantastic opportunity of working with this inspirational company, we luckily have a team of year 11 heroes embedded into Gateacre School. With training and support from Humanutopia alongside Gateacre staff, they have been fully trained & inspired to help support their peers at Gateacre School, mainly with breaking down any barriers that may prevent students involved from having a successful future and happy life.
Five students were successful at interview stage and were appointed the role of Lead Hero. At Gateacre the five year 11 lead heroes are: Ceira, Reece, Jack, Harrison & Megan. They have a team of 20 heroes. They are great ambassadors for our school and have been working with Mrs Delaney and her year 7 team in order to support any year 7 students needing support, advice and or encouragement. All heroes meet with selected year 7 students. Their work involves a wide range of activities and support including: overcoming barriers to learning and success; homework, social & emotional barriers; numeracy, literacy, drama club & learning to make friends. Heroes hope to offer sports clubs soon too.
The latest project year 11 leaders have been involved in is, International Volunteering Day and they have successfully managed to collect a huge amount of items to make ‘Winter Warmer’ bags for the homeless of Liverpool. Heroes have advertised and collaborated with the local community to make bags of: gloves, hats, scarves, shoes and coats to gift to those in need in Liverpool & Papercup Project in Liverpool are very grateful for the support and endeavours of Gateacre Heroes with this project. Students & staff from all of Gateacre in collaboration with the local community and our BIG Little Library have successfully met this challenge and are proud to have helped Papercup Project Liverpool with this worthy cause.
A special thank you to the members of our Knit & Natter group at our BIG Little Library who knitted scarves and other items. They are beautiful gifts for the homeless recipients. Thank you so much!