- About our School
- Safeguarding Advice For Visitors and Volunteers
- SAFEGUARDING TEAM
- Mission Statement
- SEND Information Report
- Careers Info, Advice and Guidance
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- Ogden Physics Prize winners 2016 announced!
- BIG Little Library
- Media Dept trip to JMU
- A Level Results Day
- GCSE Results
- A Golden Weekend for Gateacre!
- YPAS Award
- Educate Awards 2016 shortlist announced
- Newsflash Week 8
- Mini Big Bang!
- Newsflash Week 9
- My Favourite Childhood Read
- Year 7 visit the BLL
- Music Dept trip to The Phil
- Newsflash Week 10
- Educate Award winners!
- Newsflash week 11
- Children in Need 2016
- Newsflash Week 12
- Social Change with LIPA
- National Citizen Service Champions
- Helping the Homeless
- Newsflash week 13
- Jeff Rich Drum Workshop
- Make it in Manufacturing
- Newsflash Week 14
- Christmas in Spain
- Carols in the Orchard
- Spreading Christmas cheer!
- BIG Little Library Year 8 visit
- Festive music-making
- Real Business
- End Of Term Newsletter
- Christmas with our Primary Schools
- A Golden visit from Lora
- Operation Prezzie Drop
- Music Dept. Sixth Form trip to the Liverpool Empire
- music.ly app risk
- Year 8 Athletic Champions!
- Newsflash Week 16
- Google pioneers!
- Newsflash 17
- Safer Internet Day 7th Feb
- y7-10 Girls Football roundup
- Newsflash Week 18
- Y8 Indoor Athlectics Liverpool City Champions!
- Newsflash Week 19
- Real Business regional finals!
- A meeting with Marvel and Dr Who
- A Curious trip for Drama
- Newsflash Week 20
- Regarding the article
- West End wonders
- Good Citizenship Award for Georgia
- BAE Robot Roadshow
- Newsflash Week 21
- Dance Lessons
- Newsflash Week 22
- A flaming good time with Norman Pannell Primary
- Liverpool Schools in Dubai
- World Book Day
- Newsflash Week 23
- Playing for Everton
- Disability and Drama
- School of Rock
- Newsflash Week 24
- Now Festival Schools Tour
- Newsflash Week 25
- Jodrell Bank comes to Gateacre
- Science Week with Belle Vale Primary School
- Gangsta Granny
- Adlib Industry Day
- Newsflash Week 26
- Simsimi app risk
- END OF TERM NEWSLETTER
- Award for Music excellence
- A golden weekend (with a bit of rain)
- A hair raising time with Rudston
- ESafety alerts
- Easter in Amsterdam
- Newsflash week 29
- Newsflash Week 30
- 2017 TES Awards shortlist
- y7-9 Parent workshop for Anxiety
- Childwall Valley Sports Leaders
- Newsflash 12.05.2017 Week 31
- Echo Schools Award shortlist announced!
- Newsflash 19.05.17 Week 32
- Challenge Day
- Newsflash 26.05.2017 week 33
- The umbrella project
- Salters Festival of Chemistry
- Newsflash 09.06.2017 week 34
- Gateacre Garden
- Newsflash 16.06.17 week 35
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Newsflash Week 24
PLAYING FOR EVERTON
Some of our students experienced the fantastic opportunity last weekend of representing Everton in the Community. The girls were an absolute credit to the school as they were involved in a fixture against West Brom at Everton Free School.
The fixture (which involved premier league productions filming and coverage for international Women's day) was a tough contest but girls played extremely well and both Chloe G & Leah produced some excellent saves, with both Chloe's and Claudia getting on the score sheet. Charlotte Lally has to have a special mention for most improved with some vital tackles and Caitlin who played whilst only just recovering from a broken arm. The scoreline doesn't reflect our dominance as the West Brom keeper made some outstanding saves, Erin Kirlew hit the post at least 3 times as well as Claudia not forgetting the one on one opportunities.
After the fixture the girls were invited to watch Everton at Goodison Park and at half time they participated in a coaching session on the pitch. An unbelievable experience with the crowd cheering our girls! At the end of the coaching session, young fans reached out to high five the girls as they walked off the pitch - an experience they will never forget!
You may be aware of the current trend with orbeez, these are tiny gel filled balls that increase in size with water. You might find them in some decorative plant pots and they can be used in foot spas.
Unfortunately, some of our younger students are purchasing them either before school, after school or over the weekend. Or perhaps you may have bought them for your child believing they were using them.
What is actually happening is the orbeez are being brought into school and some of the pupils are then messing about with them.
We have no need for orbeez in school, they do not appear in any curriculum. So I would kindly like to ask that you help us by ensuring that your child is not bringing them into school.
We have told the pupils that, should they bring them in, we will simply put them in the bin as there is no reason for them to be in school.
Again, many thanks in advance for your continued support.
Following the successful introduction of our online payment system 60% of parents are now using ParentPay. For those parents yet to set their account up here are some of the benefits:
- It stops pupils having to carry cash into school and removes the risk of it being lost.
- It allows you to top up and pay for all school payments from any computer, tablet or smart phone device using a debit or credit card.
- It takes less than an hour for the payment to reach the school. This includes reaching your child’s school dinner account.
If making online payments is not a possibility for you at the moment the alternate method of payment will be via your local PayPoint located in most convenience stores. If you need to access this facility please contact the Finance Office and we will discuss this with you in a bit more detail.
Any parents who have yet to complete their first log-in onto ParentPay.com please contact the Finance Office who will provide you with login details.
Thank you for your support in using this cashless system.
Thursday 23rd March 6:30pm Tickets £2
Over 30 Gateacre School students will be taking part in an Industry Day held by local company Adlib Solutions.
Adlib who regularly tour with the likes of The Script, Bob Dylan, Ricky Gervais and Jack Whitehall, will present a unique opportunity for our students to work alongside industry professionals.
The day encourages the development of live engineering and production skills through hands-on experience with regards to lighting and sound. The majority of the students are either studying Music or Drama, with the experience gained from the day being used towards their coursework.
The day begins at 9am with the students helping to unload over half a million pounds worth of lighting and sound equipment, setting it up and then holding soundchecks for the bands due to play at that evenings Bands Night. The bands consist of Gateacre’s own, plus a headline act. To truly understand the nature of the industry, at the end of the evening the students dismantle all the equipment and load it back onto the vans.
Please do come along to our Bands Night which promises to be a great night of live music featuring Gateacre Students and Special Guests.
Tickets are £2 and available from reception as well as the Music and Drama Departments.
Mr J Roberts
Forthcoming Key Dates for your diary:
Tuesday 21st March Amsterdam Trip Parents’ Meeting 5:30pm
Thursday 23rd March Bands Night
Tuesday 28th March Year 9 Parents’ Evening 3:30pm – 6pm
Friday 7th April End of Spring Term
Monday 24th April Start of Summer Term
Tuesday 25th April Year 8 Parents’ Evening 3:30pm – 6pm
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter