- About our School
- Safeguarding Team
- Mission Statement
- SEND Information Report
- Careers Info, Advice and Guidance
- Specialist School Status
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Promoting British Values
- Pupil Premium
- Safer Internet Day 6th Feb
- 2017 Archive
- Headteacher's Newsflash
- Newsflash 1 08/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/09/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 22/09/17
- Are you ready for Readathon?
- Gateacre's National Citizens
- Headteacher's Newsflash 29/09/17
- Educate Awards 2017 Shortlist Announced
- Headteacher's Newsflash 06/10/17
- Sonic App
- Restart a Heart Day
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/10/2017
- A Bright Future with Unilever
- Halloween Lantern Parade
- Headteacher's Newsflash 03/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 10/11/2017
- Headteacher's Newsflash 17.11.17
- Headteacher's Newsflash 24.11.17
- Tomorrow Night CSE
- Educate Award 2017 winners!
- Headteacher's Newsflash 01.12.17
- Heroes helping the Homeless
- Health Skills Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 08/12/2017
- BIG Little Library Book Flood
- Christmas Tree Festival
- Headteacher's Newsflash 15/12/17
- Gateacre and Strictly Ballroom 2017
- End Of Term 1 Newsletter
- Carol Concert
- Christmas cookies
- Local schools decorate for Christmas!
- Shoeboxes Full of Love
- A Community Christmas
- Survivors of Stroke
- A Creative and Colourful Christmas
- The Punctuation Show
- Headteacher's Newsflash 12/01/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 19/01/2018
- Reading, Raising, Amazing
- Headteacher's Newsflash 26/01/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/02/18
- Headteacher's Newsflash 23/02/2018
- Gateacre Heroes on film
- Headteacher's Newsflash 02/03/18
- Cracking the Code
- Headteacher's Newsflash 09/03/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 16/03/2018
- End Of Term 2 Newsletter
- Headteacher's Newsflash 13/04/2018
- Headteacher's Newsflash 20/04/18
- School Performance
- Images of Gateacre School
- Term Dates
- Facility Hire
- Parent Zone
- Learning Zone
- Transition Zone
- Staff Zone
- Ofsted Zone
Headteacher's Newsflash 13/10/2017
You may be aware that all schools have had their provisional GCSE performance measures released and we are pleased to say that Gateacre School has made huge progress towards the national Progress 8 (P8) figure of 0.00.
Our school currently lies 15th out of 31 other schools in Liverpool, a significant improvement on last year’s position.
For further information you can see the information for yourself here:
We are very proud of what pupils and staff achieved last year and the increased performance is recognition of everyone’s hard work.
Year 11 Information Evening – Monday 16th October 5pm
On Monday 16th October we are holding an information evening for Yr 11 parents where Mr Creed (Assistant Headteacher: Assessment, Data & Reporting), Mrs Cleary (Head of English), Mr Angwin (Head of Maths) and Mr Gash (Head of Science) will talk about the coming few weeks, expectations for Yr 11 and support we are offering.
Your child has 24 school weeks left before the start of their exams and we want to ensure that you are equipped with the knowledge and understanding of what will happen in this time frame so that your child will have a successful summer.
We are continuing our drive to increase and improve our whole school attendance and this week has been reasonably positive as there have been no days below 93% attendance.
As an improving school, making sure children attend is massively important in order to continue the good outcomes we achieved this August and that is why we need your child here every single day.
I am aware that there is a bus strike planned by Arriva next Thursday, but I must state that we still expect the children to be in school and therefore any non-attendance on this day, without an adequate reason, will be seen as truancy.
Our Y7 football team had their first game against Broadgreen last week and came away with an impressive 6-2 win. The boys performed brilliantly and all bodes well for the rest of the season.
Forthcoming Dates for Your Diary:
16th October Y11 Parents Information Evening 5-6pm
19th October Acoustic Night 6pm (Tickets £2.50 available from reception)
20th October INSET Day (school is closed to students)
23rd-27th October HALF TERM
Term Dates and Key Dates can be found on your MyEd parent app or on the school website here: https://www.gateacre.org/about-us/term-dates/