Temporary Teacher of Science (Maternity Leave) - Monday 23rd April 2018
Job Title: Temporary Teacher of Science (Maternity Leave)
Employer: Gateacre School
Type: Teaching & Learning
Contract Term: Fixed term
Contract Type: Full time
About the School
Staff and governors at Gateacre have worked together to produce an agreed set of Aims for the school. We have also agreed procedures, a code of conduct and a system of rewards and sanctions for our students which assist us in achieving our aims. Underpinning all that we strive for is the ethos of our school - our own characteristic spirit and shared set of beliefs. The school's ethos determines the atmosphere at Gateacre and the quality of personal relationships within our school. Our ethos may be summarised by the following beliefs: Successful education is based on good relationships between staff and students. Mutual respect and co-operation are central to such relationships. Sensitive consideration of students by all staff increases their self-esteem which in turn produces greater achievement.
About the Role
1. To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students.
2. To maintain an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the requirements of the science curricula.
3. To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher/ Form Tutor.
4. To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
5. To contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
6. To assess, record and report on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students and to keep such records as are required.
1. Ability to teach science to a high standard to all abilities and ages.
2. Ability to work as part of a team.
3. The ability to make a contribution to the extra- curricular life of the school.
4. Up-to-date knowledge of teaching issues.
5. Excellent subject knowledge
6. Experience of monitoring the quality of pupils work and setting appropriate challenges to assist learning.
How to Apply
Application Forms can be returned by post to Liam Hynes to the address below. Or by email to email@example.com
Closing Date: Thursday 3rd May 2018
Interview Date: Monday 7th May 2018
Application Documents: please read the guidance then complete and return the following forms before the deadline:
- Guidance for completing application form
- Application Form: Download Document
- Equal Opportunities Monitoring: Download Document
- Safeguarding Form
Contact Name: Liam Hynes
Contact Telephone: 0151 363 1111
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Thursday 3rd May 2018