eSafety Advice for Parents
Do you ever feel that your child knows more about online technology than you do?
You’re not alone – The internet and online technologies are an important part of children’s lives at home and school, providing great opportunities for learning, communicating, playing and creating. As we know, these technologies create huge opportunities for us all, however, they can sometimes be a bit overwhelming, and present challenges to keeping your family safe online.
We go to great lengths to keep your child safe whilst using the internet in school. However, it is recognized by all leading agencies, including the Department for Education & Skills that using the internet can never be 100% safe. We are routinely conducting eSafety assemblies and tutor group workshops as well as dedicated E-safety IT classes.
Technology has many benefits, but as you hear in the news, it also has many dangers, below are some useful resources to ensuring your child is safe on the internet at home:
- ParentZone Parent Guides
- Esafety A Parents perspective
- Safer Internet Day 2017 Conversation starters
- Safer Internet Day 2017 Information and resources
- Facebook parent portal
- Ceop Parentinfo website
- Facebook Privacy Controls
- Google Safe Search
- Blackberry App World Controls
- Blackberry Parental Controls
- How young people are sharing their location
- Parental Controls for Xbox 360
- Reporting illegal contents to Internet Watch Foundation (IWF)
- Vodafone Content Control
- Vodafone Guardian App for smartphones
- Windows 7 Parental Controls
- YouTube Safety Mode
- Social Media Tips for Parents