How to Apply
The following process outlines what you need to do and how we will support you to make the best choice for your future:
- Read the information about the subjects in the prospectus carefully and talk to your teachers about them.
- Think about the subjects you are most interested in. Students are always successful at the subjects they enjoy and can do.
- Talk to your teachers about your ability and your estimated grades. Ability is also essential for success.
- If you already think you know what you want to do at University or a future career find out if there are any subjects you have to study. The UCAS website will help you.
- Attend the Open evening. This will be an opportunity to speak to Subject Leaders about the courses on offer.
- Application Forms can be picked up at Open Evening or from the Sixth Form Administrator. You must complete the form by the 16th April and return it to the Sixth Form with an options form.
- If you have a good record of behaviour and attendance, you will be invited to attend a short interview in the Summer Term where you will be given an offer of a place in our Sixth Form, which is conditional on results.
- If you wish to change your options after this time, we will do all we can to support you but after the timetable is written this will only be possible if a class is not full and the subjects you wish to study are not timetabled at the same time.