Why choose Gateacre?
Choose Gateacre Because
- You will experience learning in a state of the art building at the forefront of modern technology.
- Gateacre School gets very good exam results and has the best value added results in the city.
- Classes at school will usually be smaller than those at college and you will benefit from more personal tuition and more opportunity for individual help.
- Gateacre has a team of specialist teachers with long experience of post - 16 education to the highest level.
- You will have close daily contact with a Academic Tutor who is always available for help and support.
- You will be well supported in your studies with a strong Progress team dedicated to ensuring you achieve your full potential.
- We offer a range of enrichment activities for you to choose from, including guitar for beginners, languages and cultural studies, make your own beauty products, fashion design, debating club and many more.
- Gateacre has a large and successful Duke of Edinburgh scheme and is the only school in the country to offer the B.E.L.A to students.
- Sixth Formers at Gateacre play an important role in the life of the school. You will have the opportunity to join one of the active committees for organising charity events, social nights out and the 6th Form Prom.
- "I like the attitude of the teachers. We are treated more like adults - not so much on a teacher / pupil basis".
- "There are plenty of activities in the Sixth Form - charity work, quizzes, sport etc."
- "I like the private study lessons. It gives you a chance to keep up with the work."
- “The teachers are really approachable and you know they care about you.”
- "You seem to have more freedom and more privacy.”
Sixth Form students at Gateacre are expected to do more than study. We encourage students to become involved in the wider social life of the school and we regard social and personal development as important aspects of Post-16 education.
All students in Year 12 will choose from a range of enrichment activities, which they must participate in for at least one lesson a week. Courses running this year include:
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Make your own beauty products
- Guitar for beginners
- Beginners languages
- Serial Killers
- Fashion Design
- Music appreciation